Monday, February 19, 2018

Populace in Focus - Baroness Rosemund von Glinde

Real Name: 

Wendy Hart

SCA Name and Title:

Baroness Rosemund von Glinde

Years in the SCA:

I joined back in 1991 or so, took a break for a while, so I’m not sure how you count the years…

Persona: 

13th Century German

Group or Household affiliations if any:

Tribe of Tuatha Fieren

Tell us a bit about your life outside the SCA. 

I’m an underwriting assistant for an insurance wholesaler, and I do inspections.  It’s SO much fun!  A lot of solving mysteries. I grew up in Western New York, and outside of a few month of living in Australia, I’ve always been here.

What SCA activities do you participate in? 

Scribal, siege weapons, cooking, thrown weapons.

Tell us a little bit about your SCA experience (offices, etc): 

I was the exchequer  for  the Hael, a VERY long time ago, oh, and I was the 5th Baroness of the Hael…and I LOVED it!

What are your goals in the SCA? 

No stress, have fun, learn new things that grab my attention, as they come along, help new people as much as I can.

If you could accomplish only one thing in the SCA in the year 2018 what would it be?

It’s GOING to happen!  I’m going to put on armor and fight in battles at Pennsic, doing siege weapons! I NEVER thought I’d say THAT sentence, EVER….LOL!

What advice would you give to a new person in the SCA, or if new yourself what question would you ask and who would you ask it of?  

There are NO expectations here. The only expectations are the ones you impose upon yourself.  If you want to become a peer, go for it!  If you find the prospect of being an “authority” in anything intimidating, then no worries.  Do what makes you happy, and the rest will fall into place.  There is a niche for anyone and everyone in the SCA.

If you magically woke up with an SCA talent you do not already have what would it be?

Metalworking.  I would love to be able to take a piece of stainless steel, and form it into a beautiful coronet or crown.

Additional comments?

I’m always available for anyone to come and ask questions-if you see me at an event, by all means, don’t be afraid to come up and say hello, and ask me how something is done.  If I don’t have the answer, I’ll certainly point you in the direction of another gentle who does.

No comments:

Post a Comment