Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Populace in Focus - Cacht inghean Cheithernaig & Joshua Mullett



Real Name:  Caroline Kearney & Joshua Mullett

SCA Name: Cacht inghean Cheithernaig. Joshua is still working on his.

Years in the SCA: Caroline has been in for 7 years, and Josh 7 months.

Persona: Caroline has a Celtic persona and Josh is Japanese (or thinks that's what he wants to do).

Tell us a bit about your life outside the SCA:

Caroline: I have a wonderful boyfriend named Josh Mullett and a great job at Whole Foods. I have a 5 year old daughter.

Josh: I work as a chef in training and hope to become an electrician. I have a two and a half year old black cat named Raiden and a bearded dragon named Falcor.

What SCA activities do you participate in?

Caroline: Archery, and an interest in fencing. I like to do sewing and fiber arts.

Josh: Archery,  and still trying to find a balance with mundane life

Tell us a little bit about your SCA experience (offices, etc):

Caroline says, "I've been a part of the SCA for 7 full years and I am now starting my 8th. I try to bring new people to the SCA and generally feel welcomed and accepted in a loving environment". Josh added, "I’ve attended a Coronation and the Hornwood archery festival. I also attend fight practices. I’m glad that I started participating in the SCA".  Both commented, "I really like being a part of the SCA. Not once did I feel unwanted or out of place. I felt like I was among like-minded individuals".

What do you both hope to accomplish in the SCA in 2018?

Caroline wants to start fencing. Josh hopes to improve his archery, meet new friends and go to as many events as possible. Josh also commented, "Get my SCA name and device approved".

What advice would you give to a new person in the SCA, or if new yourself what question would you ask and who would you ask it of?

Both agreed, "Just have fun and enjoy it there are many opportunities Don’t be afraid to try new things".

If you magically woke up with an SCA talent you do not already have what would it be?  

Both again agreed, "I'm not entirely sure I'm still learning what I can bring to the table".

No comments:

Post a Comment