Wednesday, May 11, 2016

True of virtue and strong of sword, another steps forward to declare himself for Champion!

To Their Excellencies Magnus and Miriel, Baron and Baroness of the Rhydderich Hael, Greeting from your loyal subject Sir Maynard von dem Steine. I declare my intent to compete, in most honorable combat, the right to hold the baronial sword, stand by your side and protect you and your people.

As your champion and knight, I will uphold the virtues of chivalry:

Prowess – I will take up any challenge to you and defend your lands from our enemies.

Humility – I will put your needs and the needs of your people before my own. I will not boast or brag of my accomplishments nor seek fame or fortune.

Honesty – I will tell no lie and be truthful in all things.

Loyalty – I will remain devoted to you, the Barony, and the kingdom.

Largesse – I will give all that is asked to your people, save the armor and weapons I will need to carry out my duties.

Courage – I will have the strength to fight through the fear and pain and never waiver under adversity.

Justice – I will carry out your will, be fair and righteous at all times

- In service and faith Maynard von dem Steine

No comments:

Post a Comment